I love DIY. Being on the rather frugal side of life, (that's what happens on one income. You learn how to squeeze every nickel and dime until they scream. Don't worry. They like it.) ;) I've learned the value of doing it myself. Some people like puzzles. Some people like forensic science (weird, I know ~ jk!) and some people like to figure out how to do things.
I'm the latter.
If there's a way I can save my sweet spouse some money so he can take us to the movies (hint...hint... honey...) then I'm all for it!
For all you DIY'ers this one's for You.
2 oz beeswax
2 oz coconut oil
1 Tbsp Olive oil
Essential oil of your choice ~ Eucalyptus, peppermint, vanilla, lemon
Recycled lip balm tubes ~ cleaned and dried
1 turkey/chicken marinade injector ~ cleaned or unused
- Combine the beeswax and coconut oil in a microwave safe container.
- Microwave on high, stirring at 45 second intervals.
- While waiting for the mixture to completely melt, combine olive oil and several drops of essential oil. Cinnamon leaf or Vanilla are great ones to try. WAIT! We could try them together...ARGH! I have no beeswax left! If you try this, let me know how it turns out, please?
- Stir until blended together.
- Once beeswax and coconut oil are completely melted, stir in olive oil mixture until well mixed.
- Using the new, unused Turkey marinade injector (the funny part? Hubby doesn't have a clue where all his injectors go) suck up some warm liquid. Make sure it's quite warm, or it'll be difficult to suction up.
- Insert injector into cleaned and supported lip balm tubes. Inject liquid until it reaches the very top.
- Set on countertop until completely cooled.
- Once completely cooled and firm, twist bottom up until lip balm is slightly above the rim of the tube. Trim off uneven top and save the cut off part for another use!
- Hide several in secret places from your husband and children or you won't have any... ;)
Amanda Stephan~Christian Author