Thursday, June 26, 2014

Beaded Bracelet - Showcase Series

beaded bracelet tutorial

My closest friends call me Squirrel and with good reason. I can get sidetracked quicker than, well, a dog seeing a squirrel. 

I love to do many different things. I like to sew, I love to write, I love to bead, I love to teach, and the list goes on. With each of these hobbies I have, I've noticed that I have to be in the mood to do these things. If I'm on a beading binge, there's really no way you're going to get me to sew anything. And it's going to be like pulling teeth to get me to stop and cook dinner. It's sad, but true. It's just not going to happen.

I've started making jewelry to sell at craft fairs and art shows in an effort to help with college costs for our children. Yeah. They grow up quick, don't they? As I'm sure you're well aware, college isn't the cheapest of endeavors. Our daughter starts this fall, and this is one way I felt I could maybe help her a little. Each week on the blog I'm hoping to showcase my newest beading creation. Notice I said hoping. Remember the whole Squirrel issue? Yeah. I can see 'sidetrack' coming, can't you?

This week, I'm sharing a bracelet I made using a tutorial by Beejang. Beejang is a very talented beading artist, and you can find her tutorial on how to make this bracelet on her website. I am kind of color challenged, so if any of you have color ideas you'd like to see, shoot me a comment. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Until next time, 
happy beading!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey hey, what would you like to say?

 
The Honest Reviewer Blogger Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template