Saturday, April 9, 2016

I'm Building the Yellow Brick Road

You heard me. I'm building the yellow brick road. Complete with trees...

Hubby and I work with the children's club at our church every Wednesday. To keep things active and not stagnant, the leaders (not hubby and I, praise the Lord) have different things they like to do to keep the kids excited to come. A couple weeks ago it was boat races. A few weeks before that, it was dress up as a cartoon character night. (The entire leader staff dressed up as the Peanuts gang. It was so cool. I was Peppermint Patty and hubster was Snoopy. One day maybe I'll post the pictures.)

This coming Wednesday is drama night. And I was asked to build the set. I am so stoked! I mean, letting my creativity loose with a Wizard of Oz type of plot?! Yes please!

As of this morning, I have the yellow brick road almost complete. I just need gold glitter and it will get done. Currently, I have over 150 leaves cut for the trees we're going to make - thank you Cricut! - and now, all I need is to finish the tree trunks and adhere the leaves.

It's going to be so much fun! I'll try to remember to take pictures and post them.

What have you created recently?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey hey, what would you like to say?

 
The Honest Reviewer Blogger Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template