Monday, May 13, 2013

DIY Petroleum Jelly ~ Without the Petroleum!


I am affectionately referred to as the *Mad Scientist* by my husband and children. Because I like to make things. In the kitchen. Non-edible things like...

soap.

natural cleaning products.

natural remedies for humans and animals.

I'm sure you get the idea, and as you can see, I've earned the Mad Scientist badge. I'm serious. If I'm in the kitchen, instead of whipping up delicious butter cookies, I'm probably making the newest batch of herbal rice warmers to stuff into my neck wraps or a new anti-itch powder for our dog. Yep. Forget dinner. It's highly overrated anyway. ;)

I'm one of those people that loves to experiment and save money. (Trust me. Living on one income will do that to a person. It's amazing how much money you can save with just a tad of effort!)

We've all heard about petroleum jelly, right? No? Instead of going into a history lesson and me getting something wrong, if you'd like to read more, click here and enjoy! :) I found it quite interesting.

I've read a few blogs about how petroleum jelly is bad for you health-wise, and there are some pretty interesting issues out there. I, however, must like to live dangerously because I use Vaseline on my chapped lips all the time. And my cracked hands. And I probably shouldn't mention...well, never mind. I won't mention it. ;) In other words, I'm not necessarily convinced that Vaseline is evil.

beeswaxBut, when I saw a pin on Pinterest about non-petroleum petroleum jelly, I was hooked. And I fell for it. (Check out my DIY Natural Board) So, dooty-do, I hopped on over to what's becoming one of my *favorite* blogs, One Good Thing by Jillee (so going to use that name in a book) I found this awesome recipe for homemade, DIY Natural non-petroleum jelly.

And I made some last night...because I'm just that way. 





1/8 cup grated beeswax
olive oil
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Over low heat, warm until melted completely. Pour into small container - I used a small jar, like Jillee did :)

and let sit and cool. It's that easy. And it's wonderful stuff.


Want MORE DIY tutorials and goodies?
Join my newsletter!
Amanda Stephan logo
Amanda Stephan~Christian Author
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Blogger Facebook Page Google Plus goodreads  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey hey, what would you like to say?

 
The Honest Reviewer Blogger Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template