Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pressing Forward - The Invisible Woman Part 3

I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 3:14

Sometimes we have to do difficult things. And we don't realize just how difficult they are until we are right in the middle of them.

lonely dock

Imagine. 
You've started on a journey to get back on track. To fall back in love with your God and Saviour, to put Him first in your life, and in doing that, you find that you have to take a step away from things that have garnered your attention. Not bad things. Just things that keep you busy all the time. 

Too busy.
So busy, that you forgot what was important, and that's when Satan upped the ante. You were serving the Lord. You were doing all you could, but something started lacking and you didn't realize it, until you were backslidden and you found yourself serving because it was expected of you. 

Not because you loved it anymore.
Not because it was a blessing to someone else anymore.
Because you felt obligated to do so. 

Maybe it was then you realized you had a problem. Or worse, maybe that's when Satan capitalized on your weakness and brought along some new distractions. Something that looked innocent enough, maybe was even fun in the beginning, but in the end, had the potential to tear you and your family apart.

It happens. I know this beyond a shadow of a doubt. 
I've been there. 

I'm in that hard part right now.
The part where I'm faced with walking forward, or turning around and running back to my comfort zone because it's easier than the unknown that faces me.The unknown that scares me
The part where I have to figure out if this is God leading me, or am I allowing my emotions dictate these scary steps I'm taking.

How to figure that out? How to decide if this is the right path, if this is the path that in the end will draw me closer to God, my family closer to Him, and where I can come back to serving Him with passion and vitality?

Pray. Get in His Word.
I have to pray that He will continue to lead me each baby step of the way. 
To pray that He will fight this battle for me, because I am weak and I know I'll falter.
To pray that He will be glorified in and through my life.
To pray that He will not give up on me even when I fail
That He will anoint me with His Spirit again.
That I will feel His presence and guidance; the Peace that only He can provide.

With His strength, I must keep pressing forward; through the fog, through the scary unknown, through the weeds of despair and discouragement. 





Amanda Stephan~Christian Author
Join my Newsletter for *free* members only gifts!
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Blogger  Google Plus goodreads


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey hey, what would you like to say?

 
The Honest Reviewer Blogger Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template