Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A Bride for All Seasons Book Review & Tour

About A Bride For All Seasons:
It All Started with an Ad in a Mail Order Bride Catalogue . . .

a bride for all seasons


Melvin Hitchcock of the Hitching Post Mail Order Bride Catalog isn't dishonest---not exactly. If he tweaks his clients' applications a bit, it's because he's looking out for their best interests.
This charming bouquet of novellas introduces four Hitching Post prospects in the year 1870, each one eager for second chances . . . and hungry for happiness. Year in, year out, they'll learn that love often comes in unexpected packages.

And Then Came Spring by Margaret Brownley
Mary-Jo has been unlucky all her life. But who would guess she'd travel halfway across the country to meet her match . . . only to find him dead!

An Ever-After Summer by Debra Clopton
Ellie had no idea she's not what Matthew ordered. And what's wrong with being a "Bible thumper" anyway? She's determined to show him she's tougher than she looks---and just the girl he needs.

Autumn's Angel by Robin Lee Hatcher
Luvena would be perfect for Clay if she didn't come with kids. But kids are a deal breaker, especially in a rough-and-trouble mining town. The trouble is, there's no money to send them back. . .

Winter Wedding Bells by Mary Connealy
David's convinced he's not long for the world. He needs someone to mother his boys when he's gone---nothing more. Can plucky Irish Megan convince him to work at living instead of dying?

Purchase a copy: http://ow.ly/mL2Ln


Meet the Authors:

Margaret Brownley, Debra Clopton, Mary Connealy, Robin Lee Hatcher

Margaret Brownley is a NEW YORK TIMES best-selling author and has penned more than twenty-five historical and contemporary novels. @margaretbrownley 
Robin Lee Hatcher is a Christy and RITA award-winning author. Her books often appear on bestseller lists. @robinleehatcher 
Mary Connealy is a Carol Award winner, an a RITA, Christy and Inspirational Reader's Choice finalist. @MaryConnealy 
Debra Clopton is an award winning author of sweet, heartfelt, western romance that face life with a smile. With over 2 million books in print, Debra has her first book coming as a movie starring LeAnn Rimes. @debraclopton


My Thoughts ~ 
Excuse me while I gush.
I LOVE  this book. 
Now, let me go back and tell you exactly why.
My time being limited, I'm careful to only choose books I'm pretty sure I'm going to love to read. There have been times where I've been let down a little, and that comes with the territory. I'm not a big reader of anthologies ~ I don't know why, but these are relatively new to me.

I'm hooked. 
This book, with each individual story written by four different fantastic authors, is a keeper. This will warm any historical romantic lover's hearts whose time is limited, and who doesn't want to sacrifice quality of story. Each short story has its own drama, its own issues that keep the readers interest and will prod them to read on. Way past their normal bedtime.
Heroines that won't quit. Heroes that you'll sigh over. Cowboys, the wild west, and true love. Does it get any better than that?!

Meet Mary-Jo, in And Then Came Spring who stomps into her fiance's...funeral ~> how's that for different, huh?
In An Ever-After Summer, you'll find yourself cheering Ellie on while taking on a stubborn mule that you know you're going to love. And it's not just her husband, either!
Luvena, in Autumn's Angel, will make you wonder if this beauty is indeed cursed with bad luck, as well as a sweet heart, and, then you'll meet my ultimate hero and favorite story,
Winter Wedding Bells with cute and plucky Megan who's fiance is convinced he's going to die. But she's too feisty to give in.

This book is fabulous. I have not only spent a super enjoyable day reading each story, but I have added three very talented authors to my favorite authors list. I say three, because Mary Connealy already was on that list. Way toward the top...

I highly recommend A Bride for All Seasons.

*My thanks to the publisher, Thomas Nelson, who sent me a copy in exchange for a review. I was not required it be positive. It's just really that good.*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey hey, what would you like to say?

 
The Honest Reviewer Blogger Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template