Wednesday, July 3, 2013

We All Need a Champion

I was cruising along the web this evening, and I came across this awesome site ~ www.WriteUncaged.com by Mary DeMuth. Let me tell you, it's an excellent site. If you haven't been there and you're a writer, please. Hurry. It's fantastic with Ooodles & Zooodles of great stuff. But WAIT! You haven't read the rest of my post yet! :)

I was poking around this place, I may have completely lost track of time and allowed my children to stay up until almost midnight. (They were sooooo quiet...) and I saw a blog post entitled, "Why You Need a Champion." Being a writer, I'm supposed to know how to get my thoughts across, right? (Ha. Good luck with that, I hope it works out for you.) but as I read her post, I almost started to cry.

trophy


She said exactly what I couldn't. And in a way that made goosebumps rise on my arms. I need a champion. As a Christian, I know I can (and do) apply this often to my salvation as Jesus Christ is my Savior, but as a writer, now that just kind of blew my mind. What? I need a Champion for my writing?

Absolutely.

See, writers are people. We have feelings, we get down, discouraged, and for many, we play with the idea of quitting. (But that's kind of funny when you think of it. There's always paper and pen nearby, and trust me. When you have to write,  you HAVE to write!)
In this article, she mentioned how she found a best friend because God had sent her a champion ~

Someone who believed in her writing.
Someone who prayed for her.
Someone to motivate her.
Someone who cheered her on when she thought about giving up or when things were looking up for her. Gee, I don't know about you, but I'd like one of those. Yes, please. And make mine chocolate, too! 

Then at the bottom, she said something that caught my attention more than anything else. She said...

If you’re struggling in your writing career, ask God to send you champion.

and it was like she said it aloud. To me. 

What? Ask God to send me a champion? How very simple, yet so profound. I'm a praying person. I pray about everything. Little things. Big things. Things that would make you laugh and think I had lost my mind. But this. I haven't done this yet. So here I go.

Dear Heavenly Father,
If You are willing, and if I'm doing Your will, would You please send me a champion? Someone that will help motivate me, pray for me, encourage me, even yell at me when I'm down or feel like quitting? Someone that will go to bat for me? I want nothing more than to do Your will. I want to make You happy with whatever I do in my life. Please God, give me a champion. Because I can't do this alone.
In Jesus' name ~ amen.


And that, my friend, was liberating. I feel as though a load has been lifted off my shoulders because
"The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." James 5:16








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey hey, what would you like to say?

 
The Honest Reviewer Blogger Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template