Wednesday, November 27, 2013

I See the Light - The Invisible Woman Part 5

I know, it's a corny title, but it's so very true. If you've been following this series, you have walked with me, learned with me, and hopefully grown with me as I've navigated these difficult paths. But like the title suggests, I've seen the light, and what a wonderful sight it is.

sunlight shining through forest


The Invisible Woman Part 1 was the very beginning of this journey. The tough, ugly, I'm-having-a-really-bad-time part of the journey. See, not all journeys are happy times where you're on vacation. Sometimes, these journeys are times of difficult changes. Life changing. Game changing. Porch-cleaning kind of changes. The type that you're going to rock the proverbial boat, and you really don't want to, but you know you have to.

Then, we moved to The Invisible Woman Part 2 - Two Steps Forward, Three Steps Back which is about failure during these changes. You know what you're doing is what God wants you to do, and you're trying so very hard to do what's right, but wham. You fail. Ugh. Been there. Done that.

But after much prayer and repentance, and great friends lifting me and my burdens up to the Lord, we had The Invisible Woman Part 3 - Pressing Forward  when I learned that while this is difficult, this is what is best and that God is walking with me each step of the way. And, that there were certain things I needed to do to help myself Press Forward.

I've heard people say that the darkest hour is just before dawn. When the Going Gets Even Tougher, when you're about ready to give up, to accept failure because returning to that comfort zone would be easier than going through this fiery trial, you hit your knees. You beg God to make it crystal clear what He wants you to do, and then...

We arrived at the next stop on this journey. But it's just a mile marker. It's not a stop. A reminder. I've seen God patiently guide my steps, my thoughts, and my heart, back to Him. It wasn't with a blistering firestorm. It wasn't in the middle of a tornado or some other great natural disaster, or with a great miracle, it was with gentle, loving hands He moved me. He worked in my heart and in my spirit, and the scales fell off my eyes. Because, in a still, small voice, He answered my prayers. He made it abundantly clear like I asked Him to.

I'm not invisible anymore. And I'm glad to be back.
I'm changed, yes, but for the better.
I've learned that I don't want to be so busy that I forget to worship Him.
I've learned that He loves me through my failures.
I've seen the forgiveness of others ~ unmerited and undeserved, yet freely given.
I've seen what rumors can do to a person ~ and I've learned that a wagging tongue can damage much.
I've been the brunt of maliciousness ~ and I've learned to pray for the enemies who once were friends.
I've learned that there are friends that will take my burden to the Lord and will pray for me. Those are the best friends to have and I praise God for them!
I've seen that when you do flirt with sin, expect to get burned ~ no one's fireproof.
I've clearly seen the Hand of God working in my life and bringing me to the fire, and through the fire, and I praise Him for these lessons.

When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee; when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. ~ Isaiah 43:2

We truly serve a great God.

Amanda Stephan~Christian Author
Join my Newsletter for *free* members only gifts!
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Blogger  Google Plus goodreads

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey hey, what would you like to say?

 
The Honest Reviewer Blogger Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template