Friday, November 1, 2013

Guest Post by Kelly Hagen + Review of Haunted by the Past

Haunted by the Past by Kelly HagenAbout the Book:
Nadia never dreamed her life would be turned upside down, but that’s exactly what happened after her husband’s murder. After she receives a chilling letter in the mail soon after his death, she decides to move out of town, in hopes to leave it all behind.



Trent has been praying for God to lead the right woman into his life. As soon as he lays eyes on Nadia he knows she’s the one. But will the situation they find themselves in be more than he can handle? Will their faith in God be enough to bring them through the uncertain future Nadia faces, letting their friendship grow into more? 


Interview with Kelly Hagen:


Hello everyone! And thank you Amanda for having me as your guest today.

With Thanksgiving being right around the corner, I would like to talk about being thankful. So many times as the holidays roll around we find ourselves getting way too wrapped up in making sure everything is just right and we tend to forget why we are gathering together. I know I’m certainly guilty of this myself. If we’d just learn to step back, take a deep breath and thank God for the blessings in our lives I think we’d learn to enjoy gathering with our families and friends so much more. 

When we put a lot time and effort into making everything perfect, I think we lose some of the holiday spirit. At least I know I do, because I’m more focused on what people will think: is my house clean enough, is the food good enough, am I being the best hostess…and of course the list goes on and on. When we do that our eyes become more focused on us and our surroundings than on Jesus and enjoying the time we have together with those we love. So what if there’s a dish in the sink…you’ve been cooking all morning. So what if there’s toys in the floor, you have kids and they are playing. So what if there’s a few crumbs on the floor, dogs deserve a treat around the holidays too, right?

So this Thanksgiving just remember if everything isn’t just so so…the world isn’t going to end. Thank Jesus for what you have and be a blessing wherever you can. Enjoy the time you spend with your family and friends. They are in your life for a reason!


A little about me:  

My name is Kelly Hagen. I’m a wife and stay at home mom. I enjoy listening to all kinds of music, but Christian pop/rock is my favorite. Monday, Tuesday, and Friday nights I watch a few of my favorite shows and take some time to relax. I enjoy playing solitaire, yahtzee, and any fun game me or my children come up with.  

I’m also the author of two books. Jake and Jesus – which is a children’s book about a little boy and his friendship with Jesus. And Haunted by the Past – for young adults/adults. Haunted by the Past was released September 23rd of this year.

In Haunted by the Past you’ll meet Nadia, whose trying to forget her past. But she soon finds out that’s not so easily done.

You’ll also meet Trent. He’s a tall, handsome guy who wants nothing more than Nadia to be safe.

They both must learn to but their faith and trust in God as they face Nadia’s “haunting past”.

You can find out more about me and my books at the links below:





You can find out more about me and my books at the links below:






My Thoughts on Haunted by the Past:

When someone is out to get you, whom do you trust? Nadia is being tormented by an unknown admirer. Without knowing his or her objective, she must decide if handsome co-worker Trent is to be trusted - or not.
This book kept me guessing on who it was doing the dirty work ~ that's always a good thing. I didn't exactly have it figured out until right before the ending. I really enjoy it when I read a book and there's no gratuitous sex scenes, swearing, or other objectionables. This is one of those stories. I recommend it to anyone who likes sweet, clean reads.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey hey, what would you like to say?

 
The Honest Reviewer Blogger Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template