Friday, March 21, 2014

Natural Lotion Bar Tutorial


With cracked, hurting hands, I reached for the lotion dispenser…and I came up empty.

Nothing. Nada. Zilch

I was completely out of lotion. Again. To make matters worse, I didn't want to go to the store. I mean, come on. Gas is $3.75 and we live half an hour away from, well, everywhere.

I had seen lotion bars once a long time ago, and I thought it was kind of weird. Until I touched the sample they had lying out. For people like me. That just have to touch everything. (Yes. I used to drive my mother crazy. Quit touching was her favorite phrase.)

Having been in this Mad Scientist mood for a long time…insert years here…I decided to make my own lotion bars. Because I was desperate. And I wasn't going to the store. (That'll show them, right?) With a little tweaking, testing, and experimenting, this is the recipe I came up with.

Lotion Bars
Ingredients:
2 oz beeswax
2 oz coconut oil
1 Tbsp Olive oil
Essential oil of your choice - Eucalyptus, peppermint, vanilla, lemon
Mold for lotion bars - silicone molds work fantastic

Amanda's natural lotion bars


  • Combine the beeswax and coconut oil in a microwave safe container. 
  • Microwave on high, stirring at 45 second intervals. 
  • While waiting for the mixture to completely melt, combine olive oil and several drops of essential oil. I used eucalyptus oil, but the choice is yours. I used approximately 25 drops. 
  • Stir until blended together. 
  • Once beeswax and coconut oil are completely melted, stir in olive oil mixture until combined. Be careful, this can get hot! 
  • Pour into molds of your choice. I used a star silicone mold and a silicone ice cube tray. 
  • Place in refrigerator until set. 
  • When they're firm, pop out and store in a container. Empty Altoid tins work great. Waste not, want not…
Amanda's beeswax lotion bars





Amanda Stephan logo
Amanda Stephan~Christian Author
Let's Connect
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Blogger Facebook Page Google Plus goodreads  




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey hey, what would you like to say?

 
The Honest Reviewer Blogger Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template